Saturday, May 21, 2011

My favourite eyeshadows (for now....)

I am not very adventurous when it comes to eyeshadows for a few reasons:-
1) For obvious reasons, my eye makeup skills is still pretty amateur-ish
2) I have the typical asian mono lids eyes which I find using too strong colours will make me look like a panda(or perhaps I have yet to master the skills to apply strong colours to my advantage)
3) I work in an environment whereby most ladies HARDLY put on any makeup, thus I do not want to look like the odd ball

Below shows the eyeshadows which I have been using pretty often and this labelled as my eyeshadows for now..... As you may notice, they consist of mainly neutrals or light and safe colours.
From left to right: Urban Decay Naked Palette, MAC eyeshadow Silver Ring, Shu Uemura P Purple 715, Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes RD 784, Lunasol Aurorize Eyes 02 Light Variation

Urban Decay Naked Palette needs no introduction....... I have previously blogged about it here. And all I can say is the texture, pigmentation and lasting power of this palette is impressive. Thus, it is no surprise that it is always out of stock at Sephora.

I like to pair Shu Uemura P Purple 715 and MAC Silver Ring together to create a light subtle, slightly smoky look usually on a Friday when the atmosphere at work is more relaxed and cheerful. As I apply MAC silver ring with MAC 217 (a fluffy blending brush), the intensity of the colour of this grey eyeshadow comes up softer and not as strong. Shu Uemura P Purple 715 was purchased like donkey years ago which I can't remember when but the pigmentation of Shu's eyeshadow are amazing that despite the neglect all these years, the colour can still stay on my oily lids for hours coupled with a eyeshadow primer.

Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes RD 784 and Lunasol Aurorize Eyes 02 Light Variation has very similar colour shades but I would say MM Jeweling Eyes RD784 leaned towards peachy coral whereas Lunasol Aurorize Eyes 02 Light Variation is a shimmery pink neutral palette. The lighter between the 2 palettes would be Lunasol, given the shimmery texture.

You may have noticed that 3 out of the 5 favourite eyeshadows of mine are palettes as I find mixing and matching of the colour shades are all in the same pot, pretty idiot proof, and not to mention they are travel friendly. :)

If anyone of you knows of any nice, adventurous colours that might suit my mono lids, do share with me! I do not want to stay neutral all the time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...