Saturday, May 7, 2011

My 1st vote

If you are a Singaporean like me who is voting for the first time today, you might agree with me that there is an air of excitement. But after I while, I got really worried. Worried because there amount of information spreading through the internet and FB is just scary. On 1 hand, the transparency of the information does helps people to consider all aspects before casting that sacred vote. On the other hand, it seems to me people get really emotional and I wonder will they be casting an objective vote.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not a supporter of any party. My stand is very clear, I will vote for the party who thinks for the benefit of Singapore and the citizens as a whole and I hope all Singaporeans are thinking along that line. My personal opinion....... there will always be 1 portion that will fall through the cracks and yes, this in my opinion applies to all plans brought forth by ALL parties. To me, the main focus is still BIG PICTURE. No Singapore, no Singaporeans and that means that all of us can kiss goodbye to our jobs, healthcare, housing, transport and security which all of us take it for granted for so long. Over the past few days, I have heard / over heard comments about this election and honestly some of the reasons I heard of why someone is voting for a particular party can be pretty ridiculous, and I shall not go into that.

In any case, let's just look at the election results tonight...........

1 comment:

  1. Totally agreed with you! I had come across so many "emotional" & "personal" comments that I "unliked" the online site! Everyone seems to take this chance to air whatever frustration they have in life. I really wonder if the vote had been a rational one.

    Nonetheless, history has been made. We shall all move on ;)

    angeline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...