Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Lost Bladesman

I like movies starring Donnie Yen because his fighting scenes are really damn good. However, I have to say I am disappointed with the movie 'The Lost Bladesman'. Donnie Yen's moves are still good as usual but I personally find the storyline lack the depth. I feel like I am watching a romance show than anything else when it is supposed to be some history show. And the show was making me confused about the character of Cao Cao as he doesn't seems to be a bad guy at all (HELLO, I thought in Three Kingdom, Liu Bei is supposed to be the good guy and Cao Cao the bad guy?).



'Red Cliff' 赤壁 has really set the bar of a movie depicting historical events of Three Kingdom so well that I am sure many viewers already have a certain amount of expectations in their mind before watching any other shows. I guess this is what has happened to me, I thought I am supposed to be watching some movie similar to 'Red Cliff' only that Guan Yu is the main cast now but apparently it is vastly far away from that.

In any case, it is not a movie that I would not recommend, probably more of watching on rented DVD and not on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...