Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai

It's the Chinese New Year again! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

I am not actually looking forward or enjoying Chinese New Year because it is just tiring travelling AROUND Singapore to go for the house visitings and more often then not, we ended up feeling tired, hot and sweaty when we arrive at the place for visiting. And married adult like yours truly has to give ang baos instead of receiving them. Haha.

Nevertheless, it was still fun meeting up with relatives who we usually only see once a year (and the irony comes when there is nothing much to talk about or they still think you are in your ex, ex company!!??) and catch up. The highlight for me when I visit my maternal grandpa at my uncle's place was they were watching the video of my auntie's (who is also my godma) which is about 20 years ago! And it was in the same church which I had my wedding 3 years also! Quite nostalgic to see my aunties and uncles in their younger looks and how small my 2 sisters were then........

Despite me complaining about the tiring and expensive experience of Chinese New Year, I still think it is a good time for families to get together and just enjoy the festive period with all the feasting and laughing.... That's what family times is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...