Monday, March 11, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 05 Fuchsia in Excess

For a while, I have been wanting to try new YSL Rouge Volupte Shine but I just cannot decide which shade to get. I actually went to the store at ION Orchard 2 times or more to swatch the lipsticks and always leaving empty handed because I just cannot decide what I want to get. The 3 shades that I have always been considering are: 05 Fuchsia in Excess, 06 Pink in Devotion and 12 Corail Incandescent. Interestingly, they are from different shade family with 05 in purple, 06 in pink and 12 in red. Eventually with the help of friendly SA, Francis, he tried all 05 and 06 on me and commented that 05 looks the best on me.



For ladies who love the moisturising effect of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine but hate the fact that the colour intensity is not there, you should take a look at new YSL Rouge Volupte Shine. It's moisturising on my dry lips and gives my lips a healthy glossy shine and the colour shows up nicely on my naturally dark lips.

05 Fuchsia in Excess is a cool berry-red shade which is something that I have not yet tried. I purchased this shade with the consideration that I have been lazy with my daily make up and thus it will be able to perk up my morning 'have yet to wake up' face. Lol. The swatch below is how it looks on my lips when I lightly apply on my lips. Should you apply it with the normal strength when you apply your lipstick, the colour intensity will come out stronger.


For a lipstick with high gloss factor, I am impressed with the staying power. After 4 hours and a lunch break, my lips looked lightly stained. For other lipsticks that has this amount of shine, the colour would have been long gone.

Have you purchased the new YSL Rouge Volupte Shine? Do share your favourite shade with me as I doubt I will be stopping at one. :)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely choice dear! I went for the other two that you were considering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for your review before deciding to get more or not. :)

      Delete
  2. omg you picked a really pretty one. i picked one that was hot pink and it didn't look so great on me, I gave it away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xlovehappyx, so sorry to hear that the shade you picked did not work for u. u can consider checking out other shades.

      Delete
  3. This color really pops against your skin tone! I still haven't looked into anything YSL, though I think it's about time since EVERYBODY raves about these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, dont u find it scary that there are so many wonderful products that we need to look into? It's DANGER for our pocket! haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...