Thursday, March 28, 2013

YSL Pure Chromatics No. 8

I have been reading a lot of reviews on YSL Pure Chromatics but have not gotten round to trying it out at the YSL store or counters, not even a swatch! Finally, all thanks to Jacq, I can play with YSL Pure Chromatics!



This is another palette that neutral lovers will like. YSL Chromatics No. 8 is made up of 4 gorgeous shimmery shades (champagne, light beige, copper gold and dark olive). The shimmers are fine and I did not experience any fallouts during application. You can read this post for Jacq's thoughts and FOTD with this palette.


I tried a simple FOTD with this palette and I fell absolutely in love with it. For readers out there, I have SEVERE droopy eyes due to my monolids and I constantly look tired. Below is a picture whereby I only applied YSL Chromatics No. 8 on my left eye and by comparing against my right eye which is base, you can tell the difference between the 2 eyes. Perhaps it is just me, but don't you find my left eye to be less droopy?

So here is the complete look! Yes, that Ms Eden at the background taking her beauty sleep, what a bum, lol

Here is another shoot. :) I think my smile looks really awkward. 

Weekend is here early for us this week and I am looking forward to it already, you guys have a Happy Easter!

11 comments:

  1. Hey Ruby, I love the look you did! Just seeing the swatches made me a little worried about the quad looking too shimmery, but on you it's just fine! Kitties LOOOOVE to photobomb, but Eden looks like she's really enjoying her nap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, thanks for your compliments. I feel I overdone the olive shade on the outer crease though. Hub didn't like it, think I look like panda!! *cry*

      Delete
    2. That's the trouble with putting on makeup to take a picture and for wearing out. It looks very good in the picture Ruby, I love what you did with it. But I can understand why your DH says it looks like a panda. Men don't know any better. For me I usually have the dark shade close to the eye crease and not too much over it because I too don't want to look like a panda. I am glad you love this palette babe, now I challenge you to go out for your comfort zone and use the Arctic Night palette.

      Delete
    3. Jacq, the only time he says I don't look like a panda is when I have ZERO makeup. Even our wedding pics he says I look like panda!!! #{]#^^##^*+*

      Delete
    4. Haha! When I'm particularly pleased with an eye look, I will ask, how d my eyes look? His answer is, like eyes! I give up. He is not very used to all sorts of stuff I do. I always say it is for experimentation.

      Delete
  2. Ruby you look so sophisticating in this look!! So fresh and gorgeous :D love love love it!

    Meryl :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meryl! I'm still learning with taking a decent FOTD look

      Delete
  3. my fav shade is the shimmery black color. And i really think the smokey does give your eyes a 'lift'!! It looks great on you...very sophisticated :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time here but i must say this look is very pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thanks for dropping by and thanks for the compliment. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...