Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long lasting eyeshadow in Angelic Cockatiels

Remember my earlier post on my haul from Zuneta? This post is dedicated to one of the items that I hauled and that is Rouge Bunny Rouge Long lasting eyeshadow in Angelic Cockatiels.

I love the bunnies cartoon on the box and it's really cute. The pressed shadow are housed in a plastic case that interestingly has a small mirror in it. That's something very thoughtful and useful especially when touching up on the go. :) When looking at the colour in the pan, it looks close to taupe but when swatch, you are in for a big surprise.

At GBP22 for 2.4g of product, I am really glad to see that it is made in Italy. Somehow, seeing that it is made in some European country made me feel more balanced in paying the extra money. Lol

Now to the swatch of Angelic Cockatiels...... It is a shimmery peach tone shadow which is entirely different from what we see on the pan. The texture is smooth and buttery with a creamy touch which makes application a breeze. The shimmers are just of the right amount without looking over the top. What can I say? I am in love with this baby already.

When browsing through my pathetic stash (haha), hoping to make some comparison, the closest I found (which is actually not so close) are GA Eyes to Kill #8 Champagne and Urban Decay's Sin. However, as you can see, RBR Angelic Cockatiels has a stronger peach undertone and ETK Champagne looks more silverish in comparison. Sin, on the other hand looks pinkier. In terms of the shimmery effect, I would say they look all about the same.
Pic above taken indoor (without primer)

Pic above taken with natural light (without primer)

Well, RBR shadow claims to be long lasting as well and when I make a comparison between the lasting effect of RBR and ETK, it seems comparable. Despite rubbing the shadow swatches on my hand, it still stayed on with slight fall out. Given that I did not use a primer in this test, I would say the result is really acceptable.

Is RBR long lasting shadow drool worthy, I say YES to the packaging, the colour and the texture. The only drawback is the price tag. At GBP22, almost S$44, it's quite a hefty price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...