Saturday, February 25, 2012

Review: Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush Wand in Vermeer

I have never really like cream blush because cream just does not seem to last well on my combination skin. Coupled with the hot and humid weather in Singapore, how worse can it become? But in my recent Zuneta haul, I can't help but add Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush Wand to my shopping bag. Ok fine, I added it in to make up for the minimal order for free international shipping anyways. Lol.


As you can see above, it looks almost like a lipstick in a plastic case. It's actually not very big at only 4ml and when placed next to Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (see below), you can see it is 'fatter' and shorter than it.

When you remove the cap to the blush wand, there is a plastic cap which tightly cover the tip of the wand. It actually helps to prevent the cream blush from drying up faster than it should be. The shade I chose is Vermeer which is a slight warm toned pink cream blusher. Interestingly ,it looks more peachy than pink in the tube but when swatched on the skin, the pink tone stands out more. The texture is very smooth and creamy and there is also a tinge of sweet fragrance to it.

I have tried Vermeer on my combination skin on days that I head to work and I played around to see if it applies better with my face with liquid foundation or 2 way foundation. Application of RBR Blush Wand is easier when I apply liquid foundation on my face than 2-way foundation; blending is easier after liquid foundation and I do not get the cakey, 'I have wiped off my 2 way foundation' look.

On my NC30 skin, Vermeer does not really stand out and appears more like a subtle shade of pink which is there and not there at the same time. I know there are ladies out there who prefer their blusher to stand out or that people should be able to tell that they applied blusher. My personal preference is to have a subtle shade of blush which gives me that perk me up but not too strong type of shade. Vermeer is actually lighter than how I would prefer it to be, which makes layering an avenue for me. I have tried layering it with MAC Pink Porcelain or MAC Warm Soul and I really love the glowy effect I get for a simple look.

I cannot comment on the longevity of RBR Blush Wand on me as makeup does not usually last more than 6 hours on me. Typically after 6 hours, I do not see any blush effect on me anymore and Vermeer is no exception.

For ladies out there who have never tried cream blush just like me, the shape and casing of RBR makes application pretty idiot proof, just sweep and blend. The only drawback is that they are only available on Zuneta.com. So if there are more stuffs that caught your eyes from the site to enjoy free shipping, give it a try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...