Monday, January 30, 2012

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Pale Barley

I hauled again and this time round, it's Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Pale Barley which is part of their 2012 Spring Collection.

It's interesting that despite me reading raves and raves about Burberry eyeshadows, I did not actually cave in and purchase one previously. This is because, whenever I try out the colours or the textures over the counter, it appears to me to look flat most of the time. However, Pale Barley really changed my opinion about their shadows.


In the box, it looks just like any normal taupe like shadows but when swatch, the colour is really much more complex. I can't pinpoint where it is a gold, champagne or taupe. But guess what, it's a combination of all and coupled with the shimmer that is not over the top, it makes a wonderful everyday neutral that is super work-safe (a plus point for me). Sorry that my swatch pic above sucks but it's really hard to capture the swatch correctly. Do check out The Beauty Look Book for better pic of the swatch. Sabrina really has wonderful swatches all the time!

Burberry eyeshadow really managed to win me over with it's smoothy, buttery texture. The hefty price tag of $46 is definitely well-deserved! I am so tempted to pick up more of their shadows but I think that has definitely got to wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...