I have never had a habit of making new year resolutions and sometimes I wonder if I had been living my life aimlessly. Aimlessly not like zombified but more of taking life as it is. I don't think I have taken charge of my life pretty well for the past few years and to a certain extent might have even screwed up in certain areas. Thinking back, I could have done certain things differently and with it had different results.
For 2011, I hope to live my life a bit differently and improve it so for once, it might be a good idea to start my list of new year resolutions! To be realistic, 5 resolutions as all I need. I have been thinking about this for the past few weeks and these are my resolutions:-
1) Exercise regularly (2-3 times a week)- I have gained a TREMENDOUS amount of weight for the past few years and I think I really look like shit! Clothings are all getting tighter and I always get tired very easy. It's really time to exercise..... to lose weight and regain my energy back!
2) Spend more time with my family
- Ever since I got married and shifted out of my parents' place, I am guilty of not visiting them regularly mainly because of the distance that I need to travel. But they are growing older by the day and they have always dotted on me, the least I can do is to visit them and spend some time with them, right?
3) Be more tolerant and close one eye with regards to politics and 'evil doers' in office- Honestly, it is just not worth it to suffer high blood pressure because of some assholes
4) Curb spending on my weakness (skincare and makeup items)- I used to buy new items that hit the shelf and end up not using them. For 2010, I am proud to say that I finished quite a lot of items (I usually did not manage to finish using any items and I will move on to using new items that I bought) and I will continue to do so. Spending lesser money on items that I do not need means more money available on things that I need or savings
5) Take more care on my appearance (in terms of maintenance and dressing)- My mum and sis have been saying that sometimes I look really auntie and sloppy. This has got to change!!!!!
Everyone, wish me best of luck in achieving my 1st list of resolutions!!!!