Thursday, January 17, 2013

Philosophy hope in a jar oil free gel

I have always preferred a gel-based light moisturiser for my day routine as the hot and humid weather in Singapore never fails to make my skin looking like an oil field. However, I stick by my belief that ALL ladies for all skin type (even oily skin) need a moisturiser, a SUITABLE moisturiser. Without a proper moisturiser to provide the necessary hydration, your skin will just work harder ro produce more sebum to try to hydrate the skin. To me, this is a vicious cycle.

I have raved about my favourite gel-based moisturiser, Clinique Moisture Surge here and to date, I still love it. I don't think I am able to find any moisturiser to replace its HG position and I decide to put Philosophy hope in a jar oil free gel to the test. :)


Philosophy hope in a jar oil free gel is a gel-based moisturiser that is very light in texture and easily absorbed into the skin. It almost feels like rubbing water into your skin. After massaging into your skin, you can hardly feel anything there. I think it is perfect for our humid weather here and specially suitable for ladies for oily skin.

Much as I like the superb light texture of Philosophy hope in a jar oil free gel, it does not give me sufficient hydration for my combination skin. I still feels that my skin surface is tight during a day (which in my definition is that I am not getting sufficient hydration). At the same time, although the moisturiser does not come with scent, it does have a light plastic smell which might be a peeve for some people.

Would I purchase Philosophy hope in a jar oil free gel again? Probably not since Clinique Moisture Surge works much better for me. But I do recommend ladies with oily skin to give it a try, you might like it. :)

6 comments:

  1. I also tried it last year as a day moisturizer and love its light texture which feels really comfortable and refreshing on my skin. Its a pity it is not hydrating enough for my combination skin too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for u too? I think probably have to couple it with a hydrating serum to get the hydration we need

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Clinique moisture surge, you think it will suit my uber oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacq, I think should be ok because moisture surge is really really light.

      Delete
  3. i wonder if all Philosophy products have that same "fragrance-free" plasticky smell. I bought their hand cream, and yes it doesn't really have a fragrance per se, and it's not too bad, i.e. works quite ok without being overly greasy like some hand creams but there is some kind of smell in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Hope range of products have this plastic like smell. Prob it's one of the ingredients.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...