Sunday, April 20, 2014

Did I scored YSL Rouge pur Couture 52 (or maybe not.......)

Thanks to K-drama, You Who Came From The Stars, there has been a world-wide hoarding situation for YSL Rouge pur Couture in 52 Rosy Coral. What's the hype about? Check this out.

Honestly, the male lead, Kim Soo-Hyun got more attention from me than the lipstick that Jun Ji-Hyun was wearing.......

So what's the hype about YSL Rouge pur Couture 52? 

Ok, fine. Maybe it made her lips more sexy and kissable, but seriously, what's the hype? Haha. I chanced upon this encounter at a YSL counter whereby a middle-age lady come over and asked 'where is the lipstick that the korean actress wore in the drama?'. It's like all ladies got striked by lightning and was dying to have this lipstick, WOW! Anyway, a little chirping bird at the YSL counter then told me that there is 2 dupes for this Rouge pur Couture 52, Rouge Voulpte Shine 12 Corail Incandescent and Rouge Volupte 33 Rose Neillia but only Volupte Shine 12 is available (limited stock too) so I got one for myself there and then.

From my earlier post here raving about the formula of YSL Volupte Shine, grabbing 12 Corail Incandescent was a no brainer (except the fact that my lipstick stash is growing at an uncontrollable rate, haha).

Now comes the million dollar question: Is Voulpte Shine 12 a dupe for Rouge pur couture 52? Unfortunately, I do not own a 52 Rosy Coral for me to make a compare but lucky Linda managed to get herself a Rouge pur Couture 52 and did a compare against Tom Ford True Coral lipstick here. So what I would do is to compare YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 12 against Tom Ford True Coral to see how close these 2 shades are and determine if we truly need Rouge pur Couture 52.


So what's the verdict? I say YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 12 is close enough to True Coral with a stronger coral tone than the latter. Anyway, dupe-able or not, I'm sure we will all find that reason to score the legendary Rouge pur Couture 52. :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't wear corals but I've noticed they are very popular these days:-) it's a lovely shade! I have YSL Rouge Volupte shine lipstick in 5 and I've been wearing it a lot lately and actually today I decided to get more shades from this amazing range:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, I love the rouge volupte shine range too. The formula and pigmentation is amazing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...