Tuesday, June 19, 2012

YSL Glossy Stain Corail Aquatique

Sorry Harry but you have to wait for a few more days before I start posting about you because I have something more exciting here that I have to blog about and it's the much raved YSL Glossy Stain!

Barneys New York is having free international shipping until 23 June 2012 and I used this chance to grab my first YSL Glossy Stain that is highly raved on the beauty blogsphere. Given the huge stash of lip stuffs I still have at home, I have to restrain myself and just get 1. Man, choosing the shade I want is truly not easy and I spent quite some time going back and forth my favourite beauty blogs to decide. Eventually, Jacqueline's look here told me that shade 7 Corail Aquatique is it!


I love the see through 'window' of the tube that shows how much gloss is left, but honestly who am I kidding, I have not finished any lip product in my entire life! In any case, this is a useful feature :). In comparison to Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick, it is slight taller and bigger in size. Love this size as it feels more compact.

When choosing the shade, I had in my mind something different from my current stash of lip products. my preference has always been towards dusty rose shade which is extremely extremely safe because it always blend in very well with my natural lip colour. I have to admit that I was first drawn to 15 Rose Vinyl because it looks like a dusty rose shade but I stopped myself, haha. So I went for a coral shade which is brighter but at the same time not too bright, 7 Corail Aquatique is it.

I like how the coral shade stands out on its own without looking too bright (I know, I need to get used to wearing bright colours at times, give me some more time, haha). Love it!

Here is how it looks on my lips. My natural lip colour is on the darker side so most light nude shades look just horrible on me.
The picture on the top shows my 'naked' lips and below it shows how it looks with Corail Aquatique. Honestly, it doesn't look too different, only brighter. Perhaps I did not apply enough or maybe my lips are just too dark. Nonetheless, I still like this shade :) I am pretty sure I am not stopping at 1 for this glossy stains and I totally can't wait for YSL to re open their counter at Tangs!!

Finally, here is me at the end of the day with just minimal makeup left and Corail Aquatique on my lips.

I hope I have not scared you with this lousy pic here and hope you guys have a wonderful week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ruby, nice to finally see you :) I think the first face shot is always scary because you are putting yourself out there for everyone to see. Nice lip swatch babe.mthanks for the mention and link. Oh my must go check out Barney's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacq, your blog is a glossy stain lemming ground!!! Lol

    I have been hesitant about posting my pic also because I really do not put on much makeup so honestly nothing much to post and show. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally you put this on your post :)
    I like that color too but I picked #17 which is a pink color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...