Monday, October 1, 2012

Burberry Autumn Luxe Workshop

When I received the email from Burberry Beauty on a workshop showcasing the Autumn collection, I knew I had to quickly buzz hot mama, Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard as she is a vivid Burberry beauty lover. She quickly said YES and here we are at the workshop!

Silly, blurry me left home without my phone and camera and Jacq kindly offered to share the pics with me. So all pictures posted in this post are all courtesy of Jacq. Thank you, Jacq!

We were pleasantly surprised to know that it is not just a workshop showcasing the new Autumn collection but also a chance for us to learn tips on how to contour and highlight. There is also hands on experience to play with the Autumn collection as well as the new Velvet Foundation (more suited for combination and oily skin).




Mindy gave us a very detailed step on step demonstration on how to contour and highlight our features using different shades of foundation. We also got personalised advices from the BAs who were in the workshop to tell us how to enhance our personal features.


We had a good time testing out the new Velvet Foundation because honestly, I wasn't impressed with Sheer Foundation. For my NC30 skin, I was matched to No. 205 which is a pink-toned medium shade foundation. Jacq, on the other hand was matched to No. 204, which is a warm-toned medium shade. (and Jacq is tanner than me!). This is a classic case whereby you HAVE to match the shade personally over the counter and the sequence of the labelling does not necessarily means anything. Jacq and myself did not managed to get all the swatches of the velvet foundation and only managed to swatch the following shades.


From left to right: 201, 203, 205, 208

So here comes the joke of the day...... While having lunch with Jacq before the workshop, she asked me if I would get anything. So I was telling her since the workshop is at Escentials, I would like to try the Becca cream blush and probably just a lipstick (from Burberry or Chanel). Jacq was very determined to purchase the Velvet Foundation so that was on her to buy list. But after the workshop, I ended up with the following......
Total failure........ Lol. But I have to say, the first impression of the Velvet Foundation coupled with Fresh Glow was amazing and I was instantly sold to take the plunge and just purchase the full size there and then. I am currently trying out the foundation to gat a better feel and a review will come soon.

For details of lip and eyeshadow swatches of Burberry Autumn Collection, do refer to Jacq's postings for more pics and details.

7 comments:

  1. Whee.. what a wonderful time you had with Jacq! :) After looking at the post from you both, I guess I need to visit Burberry counter to check out the lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, the texture of Burberry lipsticks is really quite good. Go take a look at Serpia pink, both of us bought it. it's a darker pink that what you will usually try but not too deep to scare you off.

      Delete
  2. Oh my God looks like you girls had a lot of fun!!! I wish we got something like this here, but I'm just glad it actually is possible to get Burberry :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, we did have a lot of fun and not to mention spurgling on new 'toys' :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear your review on the velvet foundation. I was on vacation when it first launched so I didn't have a chance to try it. I am however, a big fan of fresh glow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interestingly I absolutely declined to get fresh glow previously when I purchased the compact foundation and after trying it out fresh glow during the workshop I wondered y I didn't wanted it previously. It was good right? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe I had the best time made even better when I got to meet you diva cats. I'm in love with Astro.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...